Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Chasing flies

Seems like I spoke too soon.

Here is where humbleness and grace enter in.

I missed a day of blogging yesterday. The super strong headache medicine that I took yesterday took away my headache but made me pay with being light headed and nauseous. Don't worry, I believe I'm feeling better this morning.

Off to a good start this morning. I have my cup of coffee and the cats are chasing flies.

Chasing flies is the excitement of their lives. Fly hunting is rather entertaining to watch. It all starts when an unfortunate unsuspecting fly or bug thinks that they will find refuge in our house. Little do they know that our house is home to two cats who are mighty bug hunters who won't stop until victory is theirs.

So, unsuspecting fly enters. Cats see fly with their keen vision and proceed to follow the fly around. Occasionally this results in a cat jumping straight up in mid air to catch its prey. Finally, the fly lands. A cat can be seen moving in slow motion, a maneuver used to get in the proper attack position, and then when the target is in sight.... pounce!

With the taste of victory still in the mouths, the cats usually wander around the house the rest of the day in search and in hope of finding some prey they can capture.

Yep, welcome to the fun that happens in our house!

No comments:

Post a Comment