Monday, November 14, 2011

30 Posts 31 Days

Today is post 30 of my 30 day challenge to post a blog a day!

I almost met my goal, I think that in this case we will call almost 'good.'

30 posts in 31 days, not too bad.

Okay, I'm finished with bragging now.

The journey has been a good one. I've learned that if we really enjoy doing some type of hobby or activity and yet we seem to never have time or make time for it, then it is good to challenge yourself and make time for it.

All of a sudden when you make something a priority you realize how many things in your life (facebook, tv, netflix etc.) suck your time right out from underneath you. All of these things are ultimately empty. How much more worthwhile is it for us to spend time doing, creating, being who we were created to be?

Nonetheless, the past 30 days have been good but they haven't been a piece of cake. Towards the end of the 30 days I almost quit.  After all, sometimes if not most of the times, plopping down in front of a TV show is way easier than using the extra energy to be creative. Some of my days were going by with little if anything going that would be interesting to write about. My thought about this was 'why write if I have nothing really to say.' My husband then informed that it was my choice but.... True writers write even when they have nothing to write about. No guilt in that statement.

So, I pressed on and had some good posts and maybe some not so good ones too. The 30/31 days are up now. I am glad that I challenged myself, now to only keep up the hard work of keeping myself in line!

I still plan to blog some, maybe not on a daily basis, but a post here and there is highly likely.

No comments:

Post a Comment