Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Feet Covering

First freezing advisory = end to flip flop weather.

Such a tragedy! Flip flops are by far, in my opinion, the best shoes out there. Flip flops are cheap, allow your feet to breath, are easily removable and the next best thing to walking barefoot. Who could want more?

We all know that for the most part, trotting the globe these days with no shoes would be unacceptable to most. Those who would consider such a dare would risk the possibility of foot fungus, being labeled a hippie or a multitude of other awful consequences.

I personally can't help but think that if God created us without shoes then we probably can make it through our lives okay without them.

Can you sense my disdain for shoes?... That is except for the most minimal shoe out there, the flip flop, which for the most part shouldn't even be considered a shoe.

My family can attest that up through High School I would wear my flip flops year round. I would waltz into my Sunday school class wearing flip flops with my Sunday best in the dead of winter and immediately have a Sunday school teacher threaten to buy me some boots. My immediate response: no!

With time, I have come to realize that shoes may very well be a necessary evil, at least for the winter season. So, we will see what happens in my quest for appropriate foot covering.

Maybe I will splurge for some big furry boots or I hear that you can make a real minimal shoe out of a tire, that could be worth a shot. Maybe just maybe, I will tough it out and wear my flip flops and hopefully make it through the winter with all of my toes!



No comments:

Post a Comment