Thursday, November 10, 2011

Postman

Today I witnessed a rarity. True, authentic customer service.

The exchange happened at the post office.

There was one elderly man in front of me. He walks up to the counter and the Postal work says 'why hello Mr. So and so. What can I do for you today?'

The customer says 'well, I need to give this piece of mail back to you.'

'Oh, that's not even near your address now is it? Okay, I will get that to the right place.' said the postman.

Super simple exchange. What made me smile was how kind this postman was. This elderly gentleman was obviously a common customer. He comes by often enough for the postman to remember his name and address.

Even though the postman takes care of some pretty mundane tasks, you could hear the kindness and the 'I like my job' in his voice.

Definitely an example to strive for. To live extravagantly loving and serving others in every circumstance whether the circumstance be common or once in a life time


No comments:

Post a Comment