Thursday, October 20, 2011

Taste Tester


This morning I had to make a quick run to Sam’s before leaving town for a few days. 

My goal was to be in and out, my mission was carrots and broccoli. At my Sam’s, however, vegetables are located at the very back of the store. Not only that, but carrots and broccoli are located in the furthest corner in the back of the store. 

Journeying through the store, one can’t help but notice products along the way. Today one particular product caught my eye. 

Kiwiberries. 

To my dismay I have no time to check out this odd fruit further. An adventure for another time I thought to myself, carrots and broccoli are calling my name. 

As I make my way toward the checkout I must pass the peculiar fruit again. I notice the kiwiberry has also caught the attention of another customer.

 I’m in a hurry but I make myself slow down sensing that something just as peculiar as this fruit is about to happen. 

This curious customer proceeds to open the package of kiwiberries and picks one up. I think to myself, ‘she surely must be a kiwi connoisseur and knows that the secret to picking out the perfect kiwiberry is through touch.’ 

She smells the fruit bringing the fruit awful close to her mouth. I become suspicious, ‘maybe she is just curious like me and knows nothing of the fruit…..surely she isn’t going to taste it, not in Sam’s,’ I thought to myself. To my surprise and disbelief she looks around cautiously to make sure no one is watching and then sneaks a bite of the fruit!

So brave!

How many times have I wanted to test or taste a product before buying to make certain the purchase wouldn’t be a mistake. Is it okay to do that? I guess the worse that could happen is a guilty conscience or to jip someone out of a kiwiberry.

Anyways, that is my story for the day. It made me chuckle a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment